At the AGM on 12 August, Mike van Tonder (Aurecon) was welcomed as President of the Intelligent Transport Society South Africa. He succeeds Andrew Houliston (Syntell) who steps down. Peter Filbey also stepped down as Past President.
Board members re-elected for a new one-year term for 2014-2015 to effect the transition to achieve “leap-frogging” for half of the Board to be replaced every year, are:
- Andrew Aucamp (eThekwini Transport Authority);
- Peter Sole (Transport for Cape Town)
- Wilson Batista (JRA); and
- Wim Ferreira (Techso).
Newly elected Board Members to serve a 2-year term for 2014 – 2016 are:
- Tommie Snyman (Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality);
- Marius Barnard (Syntell);
- Ivan Reutener (RHDVH); and
- Dawie Joubert (Namela).
At the Board meeting immediately following the AGM, the Board elected Andrew Aucamp as Vice President.
Congratulations and best wishes to these colleagues on behalf of the membership of ITSSA.